Cycle Training Wales is an award-winning social enterprise which aims to promote cycling through education and skills. We are offering opportunities for enthusiastic communicators to join a team of cycling instructors working in schools in Swansea and Carmarthenshire.
Number of posts: 4
Location: two based in Swansea; two based in Carmarthenshire
Remuneration: £9.50–£10.50 per hour (approx. £19K–21.5K as full-time)
Hours: 7 hours per day (see below for details of post)
Holiday: 17 days
- Delivery of cycle instruction to schools according to recognized guidelines and CTW’s framework.
- Delivery of cycle instruction to other groups or individuals according to recognized guidelines.
- Liasion with schools, groups, or individuals as required in order to organize or facilitate training.
- Risk assessment of locations, equipment, and training activities.
- Completion of relevant written records (including risk assessments), reports, and any certification in a prompt and thorough manner and as required.
- Mentoring novice instructors.
- Attending relevant training and CPD.
Applicants will be required to have some basic equipment, so must have:
- A bicycle in good working order
- A car
- A valid UK driving licence
Applicant must be able to:
- Ride a bike proficiently in a range of road environments.
- Conduct basic bicycle repairs.
- Communicate clearly and effectively.
- Liaise effectively with a range of other groups or individuals.
- Manage groups effectively.
- Complete paperwork promptly and accurately.
The following skills are desirable:
- Ability to deliver cycle training through the medium of Welsh.
- A prior qualification in cycle training.
- Prior experience of teaching or outdoor education.
Note that we also welcome applications from persons without a previous qualification as training will be provided.
This is a term-time-only (39-weeks) contract in order to reflect the seasonal nature of cycle training. The post-holder will be required to be available for four days each week during term time, with an occasional requirement for five days. The post-holder will receive an annualized salary. Holidays must be taken outside the 39-week term-time period.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, or age.
How to apply
Applications should be sent to Nick Grant-Canham either by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by post to Cycle Training Wales, Unit 9, Gabalfa Workshops, Clos Menter, Cardiff CF14 3AY. Application should be by CV and covering letter. Applications must be received by 9 a.m. Monday 13 August 2018.