Velotech Gold is suitable for anyone needing to repair bicycles in a professional context or for serious enthusiasts. You will working on lots of different systems in order to give you a thorough understanding of the tasks a pro mechanic will face.
This course runs for four consecutive days from the start date given. It runs 0930–1600 each day. It takes place at Unit 9 Gabalfa Workshops, Cardiff CF14 3AY.
This course includes:
- workshop practice and safety
- basic procedures for wheel and tyres replacement
- fitting, setting up, and adjusting cable-operated brake systems
- fitting, setting up, and adjusting cable-operated gear systems
- assessment, removal, and replacement of the transmission
- stripping and regreasing of bearing systems, including hubs, bottom brackets, and headsets
- spoke replacement and basic wheel truing
Participants will be assessed through a written assignment and a practical workshop test. Participants who succeed in all respects will be awarded a Velotech Gold certificate, which is recognized by the Bicycle Association of Great Britain. Certificates may also be awarded at Bronze or Silver levels.
Location: Cardiff Cycle Workshop, Unit 9 Gabalfa Workshops, Cardiff CF14 3AY
Duration: 4 days